Hunterdon Central is committed to providing taxpayer relief in this time of economic crisis, while continuing to provide an excellent education for our community's children. The Board of Education is determined to spend our community's resources wisely and frugally, to provide opportunities for our most precious resource ... our children.
On Monday, March 23, 2012, Hunterdon Central's Board of Education approved the 2012-2013 Budget.
Click to view the 2012-2013 HCRHS Budget.
To reduce costs to taxpayers, the 2012-2013 HCRHS Budget:
• Decreases the tax levy by 2%, or $1,000,000. This is $2,000,000 lower than the tax cap for Hunterdon Central established by the State of New Jersey.
• Decreases the operating budget by .8%, or $501,941.
• Returns additional State aid to taxpayers, to reduce the property tax burden.
• Holds all departments to zero-based budgeting for the 6th consecutive year.
• Lowers administrative costs to 24% below the State’s regional limit.
• Includes shared services opportunities, revenue-generating initiatives and cost-cutting measures, which result in significant savings for taxpayers.
• Maintains all reductions and cost-cutting measures implemented in the 2011-2012 budget.
To provide an excellent education for our community’s children, the 2012-2013 HCRHS Budget:
• Provides a safe and secure learning environment for over 3,200 students.
• Maintains all current positions, programs and class sizes.
• Provides an outstanding instructional program that supports high student achievement.
• Supports programs and facilities that keep more students in-District.
• Maintains all State-mandated programs.