Hunterdon Central Regional High School - two time National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence - can be your school choice in 2017-2018.
Hunterdon Central has been a participant in the Interdistrict School Choice Program since the 2013-2014 school year. Choice students are eligible to participate in all programs offered at Hunterdon Central. Please explore this website to learn more about our academic, athletic and co-curricular programs and opportunities. Navigation links at the top of this webpage can be used to access information on all Hunterdon Central programs.
The number of Choice applications in previous years has exceeded the number of available seats. When this occurs, Hunterdon Central holds a lottery to determine accepted and waitlisted students, in accordance with State guidelines.
Hunterdon Central will begin accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year on October 1. If a lottery is needed, it will be held between December 7 and December 19, during the school day. Parents/guardians will be notified by mail of the acceptance or waitlist status of their student.
Students attending our sending district school (East Amwell or Delaware) as School Choice students must follow the application guidelines to be considered for enrollment at Hunterdon Central.
Central is approved to accept 6 new Choice students for the 2017-2018 school year. We often reach out to students on our waitlist, as seats become available.
About Hunterdon Central:
The Academic Curriculum consists of approximately 226 general education courses, 46 honors level courses and 27 advanced placement courses. Every course at the high school has been revised to be in alignment with the national common core curriculum standards.
- Technology is an integral part of a Hunterdon Central education, promoting increased academic engagement and a high level of skill development. The high school’s Bring Your Own Device Program allows students the option of using personally-owned devices within the high school’s learning environment. In 2016-2017, all freshmen were issued a Chromebook, as part of Hunterdon Central's Student One-to-One initiative.
- Hunterdon Central offers student-athletes an Athletic Program of 33 highly competitive interscholastic sports teams. In 2008, 2011 and 2012, the athletic program was awarded the NJSIAA Group IV Shop Rite Cup for excellence in athletic performance and sportsmanship.
- The high school also offers a strong Co-curricular Program of approximately 55 clubs and activities, including dramatics, student government, publications, service organizations, and award-winning choral and orchestral programs.
- Transportation services are the responsibility of the resident district. Please refer to the NJDOE web site, or contact your resident district with questions related to transportation of School Choice students.
- Transportation for families residing more than 20 miles from Hunterdon Central will be the responsibility of the student/parents/guardians.
- Information on choice school transportation, the definition of eligibility for transportation and procedures for applying for transportation services can be found here.