Emergency Communications from Hunterdon central
Parents/guardians receive emergency communications from Hunterdon Central in a variety of ways. Messages are always sent out via listserve, our subscriber email service, and are posted to the Homepage and School Closing Webpages on this website.
Messages are also sent using School Messenger. In the past, School Messenger sent automated phone messages to the phone number on record for student homes.
You can now choose how to receive School Messenger notifications from Hunterdon Central:
- On your home phone (required)
- On additional phones
- Via email (in addition to listserve)
- Via text messages to your mobile phone
In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver communications, particularly in cases of phone and power outages, it is strongly encouraged that you create your own contact preference profile, using School Messenger’s Contact Manager Website.
Important Preliminary Information
Before you begin, be sure to have your son's/daughter's ID# and be ready to call from the primary phone number that is on file at Hunterdon Central for your child.
Please note: Each student ID# will work on only one account. In the case of separated or divorced parents, parents will need to share the log in information with each other, or the parent who controls the account will have to make sure the other parent’s preferences are included.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in the best interest of the student!
Create Your School Messenger Contact Preferences
1. When you're ready to set up your preferences, click to access:
School Messenger’s Contact Manager Website.
Follow these instructions to login and select preferences:
2. On the Contact Manager sign in page, select Sign up now under First time accessing the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager? You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter your email address, a password, your name. Please enter the verification numbers. Click the blue Sign Up box.
3. Login using the email and password that you just created. Click the, “Click here to begin” button. You must select the first option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone” and click Next.
3. Type in the 6 digit student ID number for your child. (If you have more than 1 student at HC, select Add More and enter the additional student ID, until you have added each student. You will then repeat step 6 for each HC student in your family.) Click Next.
5. The phone activation step is a safety measure, similar to activating a credit card.You will need to be able to call into the system from the contact phone number associated with your student. The last three digits of this phone number are provided for you on the screen. (Note: Please disregard e-mail notification from email@example.com which contains a link to a confirmation page.
6. When the phone call is complete, click on the Contacts tab and click the edit link under Actions to the far right of your student’s name. There you can check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Please note that you will still receive listserves from Hunterdon Central, whether or not you choose to receive email messages from School Messenger.
If you would like to receive text messages on your mobile phone, enter your mobile phone number in the SMS section.
Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
Always contact your child's House Office when the student’s Home Phone number changes. Changes you make in Contact Manager will allow the automated system to reach you at your new phone numbers, but that information does not get updated into your student’s official record at school.